Mount Vernon Christian School logo

History

Mount Vernon Christian School was established in 1951 by parents who desired to offer a K-8 Christian day-school in the Skagit Valley.  After gradual growth and expansion of facilities, MVC welcomed the first High School class beginning in 1983.  In August of 2008, a new High School facility was completed and included classroom space for 200 students and a gymnasium that accommodates more than 1,000 people.  MVC’s facilities currently occupy 30 acres of land in south Mount Vernon.