In an effort to make it easier for those of you who have offered or those who want to help MVC and our students in this time, and also out of gratitude for all that we have been given, we have started a program called CANES CARE. The purpose of this program is singular and the process multi-faceted.
CANES CARE PURPOSE: To feed FAITH not fear. (Psalm 23)
CANES CARE PROCESS:
- Provide a means by which people can donate online to a tax-deductible 501c3 with certainty that 100% of the donation goes toward what is needed during this Pandemic.
- Chromebooks for students who need them.
- Mobile Hotspot Devices for families with no internet.
- The purchase and delivery of essential items for those in need.
- Other needs as they arise.
- Provide a means for current students, families, alumni and others in the community to offer their services to assist those who are most vulnerable to this current disease.
- Provide a common collecting place for people to voice what is needed or voice what others need.
- To coordinate the delivery of needed technology or essential goods to those in need.
- To change the language used to describe the current strategy and yet fully support and adhere to what medical professionals and those in authority are prescribing.
How You Can Respond:
- Remove the term “Social Distancing” from your vocabulary and use the term “Physical Distancing”. We are social beings and social distancing leads to isolation. Even those physically isolated should not be socially isolated. We want everyone to do what the CDC and other professionals are asking, but please change the terminology. In today’s world, we have all the tools we need to stay connected; let’s leverage that for the common good.
- If you would like to contribute financially, so we can provide the technology or essentials needed to students and families, please go to our online giving site and select “CANES CARE” from the pull down. 100% of the money will go to provide students the tools they need or other essentials for those in need. Canes Care Online Giving
- If you are a current student or parent, and you would like to volunteer as a purchaser or delivery agent, please contact Grace Visker at email@example.com (We will be following all current CDC guidelines.)
- If you are an alumnus or constituent of MVC and you would like to volunteer as a purchaser or delivery agent, please contact Monica Droog at firstname.lastname@example.org (We will be following all current CDC guidelines.)
- If you are in need of technology support, devices or hotspots, or if you need someone to get you essential items including groceries or other household items, please contact Jeff Droog at email@example.com
- If you know of a student or family from any school, not just MVC, who needs a device or hotspot, or if you know of someone who needs someone to run errands or provide essentials, please contact Jeff Droog at firstname.lastname@example.org